Do you sometimes lay in bed thinking ”ah, I wish I was one of those super-productive people that get a ton of stuff done every day.”? No? Just me? I don’t think so.
mean, I can’t say for certain that all of you reading this have thought about being more productive while laying in bed but what I can tell you for sure is that you want to be more productive.
Wanna know how I know that? Because otherwise, you wouldn’t have clicked on this post.
Productivity is a bit of a weird thing really: there are some days where you are extremely productive there are other days where, no matter how productive you want to be, it just doesn’t happen.
We’ve all seen someone somewhere that seems to always be super productive but that’s not the reality.
We are human beings which means there will be times where our brain and body just don’t want to work together.
One is telling you to just do all this work while the other just wants to relax, and that is totally fine.
We just have to make the most out of the time where they are both in sync. And maybe find ways to prolong that time.
- Eliminate online distractions
- Try time batching
- Batch similar tasks together
- Do the most important thing first
- Take small breaks often
- Keep a snack and water close to you
- Concentrate on 3 important tasks each day. If you manage to complete those 3 tasks you’ll feel a lot more motivated
- Create templates or checklists for reoccurring tasks so you don’t have to spend time remembering all the steps you have to take
- Learn how to prioritize your tasks. Maybe responding to that email about a job opportunity is more important than folding your tops
- Avoid multitasking at all costs
- Set an hour to stop working. After that hour make sure to relax and spend time with your loved ones