Do you want to know how to develop a Pinterest strategy that’ll get you clicks? Look no further.
If you’re an avid reader of this blog, you probably know that I absolutely love Pinterest. Besides being the social media platform that brings me the most pageviews, it’s just a wonderful place to get inspiration for pretty much any area in life.
If you’re not on Pinterest, you are truly missing out! Pinterest has over 200 million active users who look for everything from DIY’s to blogging tips so it’s a great place to get your blog out there.
Related: Pinterest SEO: How You Can Use It To Drive Traffic To Your Blog
Now you might be thinking “Okay Rita, that’s all fun and dandy, but how do I actually develop a Pinterest strategy that works?”. Well my dear friend, do not worry. Today’s post is all about how to develop a Pinterest strategy that will bring you clicks.
How To Develop a Pinterest Strategy That’ll Get You Clicks
THINGS TO INCLUDE WHEN YOU’RE DEVELOPING YOUR PINTEREST STRATEGY
1 Fresh Pin a Day
Fresh pins are pins that Pinterest has yet to see on its platform. It can lead to a blog post you’ve already promoted on the site but if it’s different from the ones you’ve used before, then it’s considered a fresh pin.
It might seem like a lot of work to create one fresh pin a day, but if you do it all at once, it’s a lot easier. And that leads me to the next point.
Batch Create Pins
Set aside one or two hours each week and just batch create pins. You don’t have to create a brand new design each time, you just need to change the imagery, text and maybe the colors. Having templates for this is a huge time-saver.
Related: How to Create Click-Worthy Pinterest Graphics + 5 FREE CANVA TEMPLATES
If you don’t want to create your own templates from scratch, I’ve created 5 free Canva templates that you can use for your blog.
Add Your Keywords on Headlines and Alt Text
Make sure you always add your target keyword on the pin’s title and alt text. That way Pinterest will understand that you’re trying to rank for that specific keyword, therefore it will increase your chances of making it to the top of the search page.
Related: Pinterest Keyword Research Made Easy: How To Do It And Why It’s Important
Also, make sure the keywords are on the image itself, Pinterest is a visual platform, so if people know what your pin is about right away without clicking on it for a close-up, it ups the chances of them clicking on it.
THINGS TO REMOVE FROM YOUR PINTEREST STRATEGY
Save More of Others Content Than Yours
Once upon a time, it was a known-fact that Pinterest prefered accounts that saved more of other people’s content than their own. Well, that’s not the case anymore.
Pinterest now values accounts that prioritize their own content over others. I’d say a 80-20 ratio is the ideal. 80% of the content you save should be yours, while the remaining 20% should be from others.
With that in mind, you should stick to pinning between 20 to 30 pins a day. More than that and you can be marked as spam, and less than that can make Pinterest think that you’re account isn’t professional enough and is just something recreational.
Don’t Add The Same Pin To The Same Board For At Least 6 Months
Try not to do this as much as possible. Pinterest might mark your account as spam and not send your pins to your followers. Or even worse, they can suspend your account.
This happened to me about 5 months ago actually. I was scared out of my mind. Having my account suspended on a website that brings me the most traffic did a number on my blog.
Thankfully, it only lasted for less than 24 hours but I was still shadow-banned for a couple of months after that. I’m starting to see my traffic from Pinterest coming back to normal though, which I’m very glad.
ONE THING TO REMEMBER
Pinterest is a search engine, meaning it’s intended to provide inspiration and information. With that being said, in order to get clicks, you should connect with people’s wants and needs.
You need to focus on your audience and not on yourself. That speaks to how you name your pins. When, for example, someone is researching how to gain Instagram followers in a short amount of time, they will search for something like “how to get Instagram followers fast”.
So if you write a title like “I gained 150 Instagram followers in a week” instead of “5 ways to get Instagram followers fast”, it’s very unlikely that your pin will appear when people search for it.
Besides, “5 ways to get Instagram followers fast” sounds ten times better than the other title.
Are you planning on using Pinterest to grow your blog/ business? I hope these tips will help you do that!
VIRTUAL STYLING INSTAGRAM | PERSONAL INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK
Some amazing Pinterest advice! I’ll be taking all of this on board! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
Rita Valente says
I’m glad you found the tips helpful Lucy!