Creating a blog post is hard. But you know what is harder? Knowing how to write a good blog post title.
The headline of your post is the first thing someone sees: if it’s not good, chances are that people won’t click on it.
Today I’ll be showing you 3 easy and simple ways you can create killer blog post headlines. Do these and you’ll be one step closer to sky-rocketing your blog traffic!
How to Write A Good Blog Post Title
Let’s start with the basics.
A good blogpost title shouldn’t exceed 62 characters. Why? Because Google cuts the title after 62 characters, meaning people won’t be able to read the whole title if it’s bigger that that.
Honestly, I exceed that amount more than I should, but I think it’s fine to do it every now and then. As long as your keywords are right at the beginning though.
Whenever you can, add numbers to your titles. Studies have shown that adding numbers to your headlines, increases engagement by 73%.
Also, odd numbers tend to do better than even ones, so keep that in mind.
The Ideal Blog Post Title Formula
To create a catchy blog post title, you need to do 3 things:
- Identify the problem you’re proposing yourself to solve on your post
- Offer a solution that brings value
- Make a promise to your reader that you will deliver a solution that not only works but brings them benefits
Headline Templates That Are Bound to Work
There are a few blog post title templates that work in pretty much every niche. here are a few:
- X reasons why you need [something in your niche]
- X things to need to [something your niche]
- How to [something in your niche]
- X easy ways to [something in your niche]
- The ultimate guide to [something in your niche]