Procrastination: something we all want to avoid, but that sometimes we just can’t escape.
I honestly think it’s in our DNA to be a bit lazy from time to time, and that’s totally fine. What is not fine is not getting things done because you’re ‘naturally a procrastinator.
If you want to know how to avoid procrastination and be a more productive human being, here are 8 tips:
- Break large tasks down into smaller steps: this way you can have a clear vision of what steps you have to take in order to complete a certain task.
- Identify your top 3 priorities of the day and focus on them: anything that is not on that top 3 can be postponed.
- Schedule in your habits and daily routine: you can have a clear vision of when to do what.
- Create a checklist for reoccurring tasks: reduces friction and motivates you to work
- Eliminate distractions: my phone can be a huge distraction for me so what I do is keep it on the other side of the room on mute.
- Have a clean workspace: clear space clear mind.
- Delegate a certain time for each task: I recommend setting a timer for 10 minutes. If after those 10 minutes you still don’t feel like doing that task, move on to another and come back later.
- Allow yourself to have a break: this is vital to avoid burnout. Allowing yourself to unwind will actually help you be more intentional with your time and be more productive.