It’s time to hit the restart button with these amazing reset day ideas!
A Reset day. Sound fancy, right? Well, what if I told you it’s much simpler than it seems?
A reset day is nothing more than a day where you get to tie up all loose ends around your life. It’s a day to do those little things that have been running through your mind for days, or even weeks but that you never had the time (or patience) to do it.
Reset days end up being self-care days as well because you’re allowing to do things that you usually don’t spend time on.
I think we all should have a reset day at least twice a month, which, if you think about it, is not that much. I mean, a month has 30/31 days so taking 1 or 2 of those days to do things that will clear your mind, make you feel good, and overall improve your life (even if slightly) doesn’t seem to be that much of a burden.
If you want to have one of those days soon, but don’t know what to do, here are a few ideas I’ve compiled.
RESET DAY IDEAS
- Do a deep clean of your space
- Go through your projects/goals list and tick off what you’ve accomplished, add new projects and break them down into small, actionable steps
- Do a weekly or monthly review – I’ll have a whole post about weekly and monthly reviews coming soon
- Fill up your calendar with fun activities, like going on a picnic with a friend (always keeping social distance, of course)
- Reorganize your fridge and pantry
- Do a full body scrub
- Collect all the notes you’ve taken and put them into one accessible place (digital or just a notebook)
- Declutter and organize your digital space
- Call that person you haven’t talked to in a while
- Book that service you’ve been meaning to book for months now
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Organize all important papers into a binder
- Clear out the photos on your phone
- Switch your profile picture on socials
- Reread a book that had an important message to you when you first read it
- Set up appointments for the next month or so
- Wash those white sneakers you’ve been meaning to wash for 5 months
- Go through your sock drawer and get rid of all old and ripped socks
- Burn up your favorite candle while watching an episode of your favorite show
If you want to see what a reset day actually looks, check out MuchelleB’s videos on it!
Do you usually have reset days? What do you do in those days?