For most bloggers, Pinterest is the main source of the traffic to their blogs. So, logically, spending a lot of time creating Pinterest graphics for the platform is a priority.
Having templates ready to go seems like such a small thing, but trust me, it makes a world of a difference. You don’t need to worry about creating pins from scratch for every post you write because you have something always ready. You just need to make a few tweaks each time and you’re good to go.
Alongside that, having templates Pinterest graphics will ensure you’ll have a consistent image. People are more likely to recognize your blog if you use the same templates (again slightly modified each time) over and over.
One of the easiest and fastest ways to create pins is by using platforms such as Canva. I know there are other platforms out there but, in my opinion, Canva is the best. You can create templates for everything you can imagine and personalize them to fit your taste in an easy and fast way.
Now you might be thinking “Okay Rita, Canva might be easy but how can I make them click-worthy?”. Well, worry not my friend as I’m here to teach you!
How to Create Click-Worthy Pinterest Graphics
- Make sure your text is big enough for people to read without having to open the image
- When creating list pins, make sure the number is the main feature of the pin
- Have consistent colors throughout your templates
- Use cursive fonts moderately, as they are harder to read. With that being said, you can still use them to highlight a few words
- Use images that relate to the topic of your blogpost
- All your pins should have a 2×3 ratio (I personally use 1000×1500 as it’s Pinterest’s recommended size for pins)
- Stay away from dark images that take the focus away from the text
If after these tips, you’re still not 100% confident in creating your own Pinterest graphics from scratch I have the solution for you. Sign up below and get 5 free Canva templates to get you started!
If you want to schedule your new posts on Pinterest easily and quickly, I highly recommend Tailwind (af). Also, How to Be a Highly Successful Content Creator (af) is a great resource for bloggers.