Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. For more information read my Disclosure.
Tired of being home and not doing anything productive? Are you looking for ideas on productive things to do at home? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
I think the fact that knowing you can’t leave your house (or you can leave, but you shouldn’t) makes it very difficult for people. I know a lot of us to say stuff like “Oh I could stay at home for weeks and I’d be fine”, but when you actually have to stay at home and you can’t just go out as you please, that’s a whole different story.
If you’re someone who has to stay home, for now, finding what to do can be a bit daunting. To help you cope with this whole insane pandemic situation, I’ve compiled a list of productive things you can do while you’re at home so you won’t get bored.
25 Productive Things To Do At Home
- Meal prep for the entire week
- Take an online course (I love this Master The Art of Social Media one)
- Declutter your wardrobe
- Read that book that has been sitting on your nightstand for weeks
- Search exercise videos on youtube and do a little at-home workout.
- Organize your kitchen cupboards
- If you’re a student, get on top of those documents your teacher asked you to read weeks back
- Deep clean those areas you normally don’t pay attention to (eg. behind the couch)
- Unfollow all those people that don’t add any value to your life
- Clear out your inbox
- Get your productivity system set up. Here’s how I have my system set up.
- Tidy up your house
- Do those annoying little tasks that have been bothering you for a while now (ex: change the pictures on the picture frames around your house)
- Wash your makeup brushes
- Make lists! (movies to watch, books to read, cleaning checklist, etc.)
- Declutter that drawer that has been bothering you for a while
- Deep condition your hair
- Create a list of all the tasks that have been floating around your mind
- If you’re a blogger, draft out a few blog posts in advance
- Declutter your skincare
- Have a mediation session
- Watch an interesting documentary
- Listen to a podcast about a topic that you want to learn about
- Start a journal – it can be just a place for you to get your thoughts out or you can create artistic spreads with stickers and washi tape
Most important than finding things to do when at home is to make sure you and your loved ones are safe. So please everyone make sure you’re safe out there: wash your hands frequently, try not to touch surfaces when you’re out of your house (and if you do please disinfect your hands right away), and try to stay at home as much as possible. I know it can be difficult at times but you just need to push through it.