This week has been crazy, to say the least. With the rapid spreading of COVID-19 , the Portuguese government has taken preventive measures to reduce the risk of contamination. School is suspended for at least a month and companies are prioritizing at-home work rather than having employees going to their buildings. This isn’t just something that’s happening in Portugal. A ton of countries are taking similar measures. All of this means people are bound to stay indoors.
I think the fact that knowing you can’t leave your house (or you can leave, but you shouldn’t) makes it very difficult for people. I know a lot of us say stuff like “Oh I could stay at home for weeks and I’d be fine”, but when you actually have to stay at home and you can’t just go out as you please, that’s a whole different story.
- Bake cookies
- Watch that tv show everyone has been recommending you but you haven’t had the time to watch
- Take an online course
- Declutter your wardrobe
- Read that book that has been sitting on your nightstand for weeks
- Search exercise videos on youtube and do a little at-home workout.
- Organize your kitchen cupboards
- If you’re a student, get on top of those documents your teacher as asked you to read weeks back
- Have a spa day
- Unfollow all those people that don’t add any value to your life
- Clear out your inbox
- Get your productivity system set up. I personally use Evernote, but there are a ton of apps you can choose from
- Do a deep clean of your home
- Do those annoying little tasks that have been bothering you for a while now (ex:change the pictures on the picture frames around your house)
- Wash your makeup brushes
- Make lists! (movies to watch, books to read, cleaning checklist, etc.)
- Try out new recipes
- Deep condition your hair
- Give yourself a pedicure and manicure
- If you’re a blogger, draft out a few blogposts in advance
- Have a Disney movie marathon
- Have a mediation session
- Watch an interesting documentary
- Listen to a podcast
- Start a journal
Most important than finding things to do when at home is to make sure you and your loved ones are safe. So please everyone make sure you’re safe out there: wash your hands frequently, try not to touch surfaces when you’re out of your house (and if you do please disinfect your hands right away), and try to stay at home as much as possible. I know it can be difficult at times but you just need to push through it.