Getting healthier is hard, trust me I know that. I’ve had my fair share of failures and achievements when it comes to my health/fitness.
As I said on one of my blogposts before, we humans are creatures of habit so when we want to change something it can be quite difficult. That’s the main reason why we should start small and not be extreme when wanting to be healthier.
You can’t go from not exercising at all to exercising 4 times a week for 3 hours each day because that won’t last long. You’ll be back to your no-exercise life in a blink of an eye.
Changes have to be gradual, you have to build up to them. Let’s say you want to become vegan: I don’t think the best approach is to eliminate all animal products altogether. You should start gradually. Start with milk and eggs, then cheese and so on until you ditch all animal products.
With this in mind, I’ve gathered up 10 easy to follow tips you can apply in your life in order to get healthier.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Your mind and body will thank you.
- Choose to walk or bike to places whenever possible
- Search on Pinterest for healthier alternatives for your favorite foods
- Read the labels of the foods you buy. You’ll be surprised and what they are made of.
- Drink loads of water. If you’re not into plain water, drink tea or add fruit to your water to make it flavored
- Find something active you like doing (eg: dancing)
- Eat a filling breakfast and try to add some fruit to it whenever possible.
- Add veggies to at least two of your daily meals
- If you’re going out, pack a healthy snack so you don’t end up buying that doughnut you saw at the shop. And also water
- Do 5 to 10 minutes of stretching in the morning