Getting healthier is hard, trust me I know that. I’ve had my fair share of failures and achievements when it comes to my health/fitness.
As I said on one of my blogposts before, we humans are creatures of habit so when we want to change something it can be quite difficult. That’s the main reason why we should star small and not be extreme when wanting to be healthier. You can’t go from not exercising at all to exercising 4 times a week for 3 hours each day because that won’t last long. You’ll be back to your no-exercise life in a blink of an eye.
RELATED: 7 Small Changes For A Healthier Lifestyle
Changes have to be gradual, you have to build up to them. Let’s say you want to become vegan: I don’t think the best approach is to eliminate all animal products altogether. You should start gradually. Start with milk and eggs, then cheese and so on until you ditch all animal products.
With this in mind, I’ve gathered up 10 easy to follow tips you can apply in your life in order to get healthier.
- Get enough sleep
- Leave your car. Walk or bike to places
- Search on Pinterest for healthier alternatives for your favourite foods
- Read the labels
- Drink loads of water. If you’re not into plain water, drink tea or add flavours like the Prozis ones
- Find something active you like doing (eg: dancing)
- Eat a filling breakfast
- Add veggies to at least two of your daily meals
- If you’re going out, pack a healthy snack so you don’t end up buying that doughnut you saw at the shop
- Do 5 to 10 minutes of yoga in the morning
What is your best tip on how to get healthier?